Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
We are currently looking for an Inpatient coder to join our elite HIM team!
Performs all coding and abstracting by reviewing medical records and selecting the principal diagnosis, secondary diagnoses, principal procedure, and secondary procedures accurately. Performs analysis of the DRG assigned to produce the highest level of reimbursement to which the facility is legally entitled according to stringent coding and compliance guidelines.
Minimum Degree and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- BA or BS in Health Information Management or related field preferred
- Previous work experience or training in coding inpatient medical records required
- RHIA or RHIT preferred
- CCS certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, and clinical disease processes required.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 classification systems.
- Ability to assess, prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Familiarity with computerized encoders preferred
RHIA or RHIT, and CCS
BA or BS in Health Information Management or related field preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Instructions for Resume Submission: