Greetings from SePHIMA!
It’s officially a new fiscal year for SePHIMA and with the new year, comes a new leadership group. I am pleased to introduce this year’sSePHIMA Board of Directors as well as our Committee Chairs & Members:
Board of Directors
- President: Tami Montroy, MS, RHIA, CCS
- President Elect: Abby Fallon, RHIA, CHDA, CHPS
- Past President and Treasurer: Alexandra (Alexa) Richards, MJ, RHIA
- Secretary: Gloria Farng, RHIA
Bios can be found here.
Committee Chairs & Members:
- Education Chairs: Elodie Koffi, MS, RHIA, CCS & Kim Felix RHIA, CCS
- Public Relations Chair: Mai Duong, RHIA, CCS
- Emerging Technology: Victoria Ayeni, RHIA
- Member: Ireena Atkinson, RHIT
- Membership Chair: Renee Silverman, RHIT, CCS
- Nominating Chair: Alexa Richards, MJ, RHIA
- Member: Christina McAleer, RHIA
- Member: Concetta Gerace, RHIT
- Member: Nadim Neval, RHIA
- Bylaws Chair: Abby Fallon, RHIA, CHDA, CHPS
- Advocacy Chairs: Tami Montroy, MS, RHIA, CCS & Alexa Richards, MJ, RHIA*
On August 1st the SePHIMA leadership team met to establish plans and strategies in place for this fiscal year. Those strategies are based on a common vision I put together as SePHIMA President, and that the leadership team discussed and agreed upon.
That vision is simple. We want to remain current and relevant. What does this mean for our membership? What it means is offering you what you want and in a timely manner. How will we accomplish that?
- We will be sending you a survey to help us understand your educational needs and desires. Please take an opportunity to complete the survey so during our education sessions, we can identify industry experts as speakers to offer thoughts and insight on topics you want to hear about.
- I’ll be publishing regular communications to our website (like this one) in an effort to keep our membership updated on what we’re doing to support you and the HIM profession as a leadership team. These communications will also include general “what’s happening” in HIM topics in our region.
- Offering 3 in person education sessions instead of the traditional 4. Due to the amount of free CEUs offered by AHIMA and the lower attendance at our meetings in general, we decided to not host a spring meeting this year and focus more time (and money) in having 3 really great in person meetings. A “Save the Date” announcement for our first meeting of this fiscal year will be sent soon.
We are also exploring other ways to help support you – our membership. If you have additional thoughts and/or suggestions, please do not hesitate to share them. You can go to our website atwww.sephima.org and use the Contact Us feature to offer your thoughts. We welcome them!